NIP-05 enables users to be identified by a human-readable name instead of a long, hard-to-remember public key, making it easier to share their identity with others.
A client is a website or app that connects to any number of relays to send and receive events back and forth.
- Nostros - a client for Android source
- Plasma - a client for Android source
- Damus - a client for iOS source
- Iris - a web client source visit
- Gossip - a desktop client source
- Onyx - a client for Android source
- Nostrid - a multi-platform Nostr client source
- Snort - a web client source visit
- Coracle - a web client source visit
Wallets store and manage your funds on the Lightning Network, a payment protocol layered on top of Bitcoin which allows users to send or receive Bitcoin quickly and cheaply.
Relays act like servers for Nostr. Clients connect to them to send events, which are then relayed to other clients and/or relays. Relays can be public or require payment to use. Anybody can run a relay.
Useful tools and programs that don't fall under the categories above.
- Glasnostr - a tool to mine vanity keys source
- nostreply – Bot that replies to specified text on nostr global feed using NIP50 source
- Nostr Embed - A quick and easy way to embed a Nostr note or profile anywhere on the web source visit
- Magic Store - A simple bitcoin webstore with whisper addresses for enhanced privacy source vist